Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Sloppy Seconds

Dear Brutal Truth,

I'm recently single and I've noticed a trend in my ex moving in on my friends.  Now these aren't mutual friends, but "my" friends whom she met through me and wouldn't have met otherwise.  I've moved on, but live in a small community where people love to gossip, especially when it involves my ex hitting on "my" friends. My question is this, Should I be bummed on my friends if they end up fucking my ex?  I'd never date one of my friends ex's, nor would I fuck one of them.  I just feel that there are plenty other options out there and I'd rather avoid awkwardness.  Now maybe that's just me.  I don't give a shit what other people do, I have my own morals and don't judge others....well, I guess we all judge, but I don't really care what my ex does.  Okay, blah blah....now my question:

Would a friend be disrespectful to me if he fucked my ex?  Should I give two shits?  Why or why not??

Thanks!  



ACL: Oh c’mon now dude – if you didn’t give a shit about what other people do, would you really be posting a question asking if you should give two shits?? Let me break it down: you live in a small town where options are apparently limited. Your ex is just exercising her right to date – in your pool of friends. You gotta admit, this is definitely easier than meeting strangers online or through the swingers ads in the local paper, no?  In my personal opinion, it’s kinda gross to reheat a friends leftovers (I mean, they’re never quite as good as they were fresh are they??), and I’d be more than annoyed if a friend did this to me. So, if you decide to give two shits about this, then you should be ready to say something (at least in a passive-aggressive way) to your friends. Else, suck it up and be  secretly bitter behind their backs. The silver lining here is that sounds like it’s a good thing you dumped this chick – she’s a whore.

VF:  A) You've managed to spend the f*ck quota all in one question.  Nicely done.   B) I have no problem judging - that's why I'm here.  C) If your friends hook up with your skanky ex, they're d-bags.  (And now you know what I think of your ex.)

It sounds like she's trying - subconscious or otherwise - to prove something to you, to herself, to whomever, which is why she's dipping in the community pool.   Consider yourself lucky she's gone.  Oh, and your friends owe you more than your ex does.  I might understand if we're talking soulmate shit here, but we're not.  It's sex.  And if they're so desperate for it, there's lots of other perfectly acceptable options ... say, paying for it or hitting up a sorority. 

No comments: